Tue. Nov 12th, 2019

book derives

Knowledge Peace

Which Typeface Is Most Popular – Typography

2 min read
Typeface

Which Typeface Is Most Popular

Surprisingly, despite the growing popularity of font replacement techniques and the growing availability of new pre-installed fonts (e.g. Windows Vista and Mac fonts), designs in our study mainly used the traditional, core Web fonts, the only exceptions being Lucida Grande (which comes installed only on Macs), Helvetica and Baskerville. (Typeface)

Most popular Typeface

Average Font Size For Headlines and Body

As one would expect, Arial, Georgia, and Verdana are used for the majority of body copy today. In our study, around 80% of Web sites used one of these three fonts. For the remaining 20%, designers̓ favorite Helvetica is a popular choice, as is Lucida Grande.

With options such as Verdana and Arial available as fall-backs, a designer really has no reason not to specify other non-standard fonts to achieve the best effect.

With options such as Verdana and Arial available as fall-backs, a designer really has no reason not to specify other non-standard fonts to achieve the best effect.

Popular Types for Headlines

Verdana is used minimally for headlines. Only 10 Web sites use it for body copy, to begin with, and only four use it for headlines. The main reason is that Verdana puts a lot of spacing between letters, which makes it not as tidy to read at a large size.

If you are going to use Verdana for headlines, you may want to take advantage of the CSS letter-spacing property. Georgia and Arial are the most popular fonts for headings.

popular fonts for headings.

Jon Tan uses serif typeface Baskerville for headlines and serif typeface Georgia for body copy.

Finally, we note that “alternative” fonts are used much more for headlines than for body copy. Designers seem more willing to experiment with their headings than with the main body. If you want to bring some typographic variation into your next design, headings may be the easiest place to start.

SERIF vs. SANS SERIF

WHAT IS GRAPHIC DESIGN

TIMELESS DESIGN VS MOMENTARY DESIGN

This post contains the content of book Typography below is the link of the complete book DOWNLOAD

Copyright © All rights reserved. This site contains book's content to increase knowledge and develop keen interest toward book. | Newsphere by AF themes.